For most of us, every day is mostly a routine of waking up, getting ready, going to work, tapping away for the greater part of eight hours (minimum) – perhaps enjoying a few meals or breaks in between – and then leaving for the day, going home, preparing dinner or just flopping down into bed.
Each day brings with it different kinds of stress – the stress of routine, work, family, relationships, the long commute or the traffic, jostling against the crowd, not having any time for yourself, and wondering about life, trying to make sense of it all.
At Float 207, we know and understand your daily struggles – we’re all human beings, after all. So what we’re doing is to provide flotation or sensory deprivation tank therapy services to help clear your mind and diminish your daily stressors.
Sensory deprivation benefits
Healthy individuals who suffer from daily stress, just like the rest of us, can benefit from a sensory deprivation tank therapy session in several ways:
• Boosts creativity:In 2014, an article published in the European Journal of Integrative Medicine said that a few studies regarding floating in a sensory deprivation tank showed that it can enhance imagination, originality, and intuition, which are all essential to creativity.
• Reduces anxiety:Flotation tanks are used for restricted environmental stimulation therapy (REST). People who have generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) were found to have reduced GAD symptoms (i.e. depression, fatigue, sleep difficulties, and irritability) after undergoing REST in flotation tanks.
• Muscle recovery: Sensory deprivation tank therapy is not only known to improve athletic performance by speeding up the physical recovery phase but also to improve psychological recovery after intense physical training.
• Helps with depression and relieves stress:People have undergone sensory deprivation tank therapy have reported feeling some mild euphoria, a heightened sense of well-being, and greater optimism.
• Increased immune health:Stress negatively impacts our immune system. This is why people who go through flotation therapy not only report feeling better and happier but also enjoy the added benefit of an immunity boost.
• Improved sleep:The experience will not only improve your sleep quality; in fact, a lot of people fall asleep while inside the tank! And this is not a problem because you will keep floating, even while asleep.
• Relaxing and meditative:Shutting out the rest of the world temporarily leads some people to experience spiritual enlightenment, joy, or deep inner peace.
These benefits have been scientifically studied, so you needn’t worry about any exaggerated claims. Moreover, there are already a lot of reliable information resources on the Web which you can access to familiarize yourself with the process. Or you can simply come to Float 207.
Come and experience the benefits yourself
Even when life gets a little difficult, or you experience pressure-laden days, there are ways to indulge in a little bit of self-care.
Drop by Float 207 to know how flotation therapy can fit into your self-care routine.
Love yourself, so you’ll be energized to face each new day.